WORKOUT OF THE DAY
Power Clean: 5 x 3
– Build up to a heavy triple over the 5 sets working on footwork and receiving position. Do not add weight if your feet begin to jump out when you receive the bar vs. catching into a lower partial squat.
– Each set: rep 1 should be received high, rep 2 a little lower, and the last rep at the lowest power clean as you begin to get fatigued.
– The 3 reps can be completed as “singles” with minimal rest between reps and approx 2-3 minutes between the 5 sets.
– Record all 5 sets in sugarwod, YOUR BEST TECH. SOUND SET WILL BE YOUR WHITEBOARD SCORE today. This may not be your heaviest set.
Low Hang Snatch Pull: 3 x 3
– Begin the movement at power position. Lower to below the knee and back through Triple Extension x 3 reps
– Perform your snatch pulls at your heaviest Power Clean weight today, or approx 50lbs over your best snatch.
– Work on hitting your positions as you move through the pulls
– Use straps if you have them as all 3 reps should be done UB
1a. Front Squat: 3 x 5
1b. Hip Extension: 3 x 10
– This does not have to be at a maximal weight today, especially if your legs are a little sore from yesterday.
– Alternate between a and b for 3 sets.
AMRAP in 15 minutes:
15/12 Cal Row
15 Kettlebell Swings
15 Box Jump Overs
*Suggested KBS 24/16kg and a 24/20″ box