You may have noticed when you walk in the gym, people are working on an array of different things. You see the normal CrossFit class, boot camp, QuickFit, specialty classes like RAW Strength or Oly, and even athletes working 1-on-1 sessions with a Coach; but what about the athletes who look like they are in an open gym setting?
Those athletes are participating in our Open Barbell membership add-on ($35/month) where they receive a guided structured program to be completed on their own, warm up included. So what the heck exactly does that mean?
What Open Barbell is:
- A place to add additional strength training to your workout regimen. Athletes can pick a program that best aligns with their goals, substitute, add, or even complete two-a-day workouts depending on specific training needs and commitments. A few programs that we have done in the past are:
- Olympic lifting 1,2,3,4,5, or even a 9 day advanced program
- Various Squat Cycles such as: Smolov, Hatch, 20-rep, Russian, Wendler 5/3/1, Texas Method, and Westside
- Powerlifting (Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press)
- Hit the Slopes: Ski and Snowboard Strength and Conditioning
- Hypertrophy Muscle Building
- Accessory movements
- Custom hybrid programs
- Homework from their Coach between personal training sessions
- Programs are delivered through handouts or the Train Heroic Phone app.
- A Facebook Barbell Group is created where you can upload training videos for review, post questions, discuss training times, review articles and posted blogs, or even show off a new PR!
- Strength training can also be a Gymnastics based program… Want that first pull-up, or even a strict pull-up!?!
- Regardless of what path you choose, CFE’s Coaching staff will be there to guide you to your next PR!
If you are interested in talking about your goals, adding additional strength training to your membership, discuss different program options, review or make a possible new workout schedule, or even talk about personal training shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or snag me or a coach next time you are at the gym!